0 comments

Settai - Remake of Delhi Belly in Tamil





Settai (Tamil: சேட்டை) (English: Prank) is an upcoming 2013 Indian Tamil comedy film directed by R. Kannan. A remake of the 2011 Hindi film, Delhi Belly, it stars Arya, Anjali, Santhanam, Premji Amaren and Hansika Motwani. The film, which began filming in Chennai on 7 May 2012,[4] has scheduled it's for a release for April 2013. The film will be dubbed in Telugu as Naughty Boys. The audio was launched on January 30th.

R Kannan, who is remaking Hindi superhit film Delhi Belly in Tamil, says that casting right names was a challenging experience and he took too much time to short-list the names.

"This is not the first time when I have faced this situation. Even when I was remaking Jab We Met in Tamil, I spent so much time zeroing in on the cast," Kannan told IANS.

"However, casting for Settai was most challenging because initially all the actors were sceptical how would I remake the film for Tamil audience. When I met Arya to discuss the idea of the film, he was taken aback that how am I even going to remake the original without using any cuss word. And so did the female actors. But I sat down with them and explained how family-friendly this film would be," he added.

So how did you convince the actors? "Besides all the double-meaning dialogues and swearing in Delhi Belly, the film had a soul about friendship. I developed the story in Tamil on this aspect and roped in three actors who are also best friends in real life," he said.

"I didn't have to struggle much with the shooting part because all I had to do was make my actors translate their real friendship on screen," he added. The film stars Arya, Santhanam and Premgi Amaren in the lead roles, while Anjali, Hansika Motwani and Nasser are also part of the cast
 
Toggle Footer
Top